Men’s Soccer: UNF held scoreless at Furman Diadora

The UNF men’s soccer was held scoreless Sept. 11 to Sept. 13 in two losses at the Furman Diadora Tournament.

In their second game of the tournament, the Ospreys lost 3-0 to tournament hosts Furman on Sunday.

Furman scored in the 18th minute of the game, when Eric Cobleigh shot the ball just inside the right post, putting it past the keeper. Furman’s second goal came when Fabien Vorbe scored off a cross.

Then in the 89th minute, Jordan Howard sealed the game as he scored off of a touch pass.

The two teams combined for a total of 34 penalties with UNF tallying 19 in the match.

“We really didn’t make any mistakes,” UNF Head Coach Ray Bunch said in a media release. “We just played a team that was better than us today.”

The UNF men’s soccer team lost 3-0 to College of Charleston in the opener of the Diadora-Sphinx Furman Invitational Sept. 11.

The Cougars struck first, netting the first goal four minutes into the match. They would strike again in the 27th minute when Sean Flatley scored a volley from 19 yards out. The Cougars sealed the game in the 83rd minute when Ralph Lundy scored the final goal of the game.

Two Ospreys made the All-Tournament Team: senior midfielder Steven Lowenthal and sophomore defender-midfielder Jonathan Lusambo.

“I thought we played very well,” Bunch said in a news release. “It was a disappointing weekend. I really thought we were very equal in Friday’s match and just made a few mistakes, but I thought that Furman earned their goals today.”

The UNF men’s soccer team will play Georgia State Sept. 18 at 5 p.m. in its home opener. For those who cannot attend the match at Hodge’s Stadium, the game can be viewed at asun.tv.