UNF stuns Purdue on the road, 73-70

UNF wins their first game against a Big Ten Conference school.  Photo courtesy John Underwood - Purdue Athletics
UNF wins their first game against a Big Ten Conference school.
Photo courtesy John Underwood – Purdue Athletics

The University of North Florida men’s basketball team continues their impressive run of victories with a decisive road win against the Purdue Boilermakers on Saturday, Dec. 6 in West Lafayette, Ind. In a game predominately controlled by Purdue, the Ospreys made a late second half rally to overthrow the Boilermakers 73-70.

Sophomore Dallas Moore led the Ospreys in scoring with 24 points. He shot 44 percent from the floor and was 5-for-8 from beyond the arc.

“It’s a big win for this team, our program, our fans, but also for all the former players who laid the foundation and played those tough road games against the big conference teams,” UNF Head Coach Matthew Driscoll said. “It’s a great day to be an Osprey.”

This triumph proved to be a milestone for the Ospreys as it was their first win against a Big Ten Conference school, breaking a 0-11 losing streak and handing Purdue its first home loss of the season. The Ospreys improve to 6-3 after this fifth consecutive win.

The UNF men’s basketball team will return to the hardwood on Monday, Dec. 15 when they go up against Tennessee Tech at the UNF Arena.

Gallery photos courtesy Trevor Ruszkowski – USA TODAY Sports

[doptg id=”93″]

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected]