Close match against Kennesaw State ends in a loss for women’s basketball

UNF Athletics logo
UNF Athletics logo

The UNF women’s basketball team will come away from Jan. 29’s game with a 46-40 loss to the Kennesaw State Owl. The Ospreys started strong in the game at the KSU Convocation Center in Kennesaw, Ga., going up by four points before half time. The Owls came back onto the court in the final 20 minutes determined. Kennesaw State would eventually overtake the Ospreys and lead by a narrow margin for the remainder of the game.

The Osprey squad was led by Destinee Smith, starting guard, who put up 10 points for the night. Paulina Zaveckaite, UNF’s senior forward from Lithuania, continued to impress by pulling down 15 rebounds for the game.

Tonight’s game was the first of two on the road this week for UNF’s women’s basketball team. Next they head to Spartanburg, S.C. to face off with the USC Upstate Spartans on Jan. 31 at 2 p.m. The game will be available to watch on ESPN3.com or on a smartphone with the WatchESPN application.

For more information, news tips, or if you see an error in this story, contact [email protected].