FSCJ hero saves old man's life (Exclusive Video)

Jake Solochek moved to Jacksonville two years ago, so he could study medicine.  He is now a junior at Florida State College of Jacksonville and is unsure of how what his future will hold.

But on Friday, June 11 while leaving the UNF Bookstore, Solochek became a lifesaver.

Solochek, 21, was on the 9A nothbound ramp leaving UNF Drive when a white chevrolet truck in front of him lost control and drove into a lake. Without hesitating, Solochek jumped into the lake and pulled out what he said was an old white male appearing to be in his 60’s.

Solochek used his car jack to break into the back window of the truck to drag the old man out of the truck struggling with the seatbelt at times to get him out, he said.

Solochek and two other unidentified individuals helped pull the man, who wasn’t breathing out of the lake, he said.

The two others performed CPR until the man started breathing, and Rescue took him to Shands Hospital where he is experiencing life-threatening injuries.

Video courtesty of Osprey TV. Special thanks to Justin Lerman