Ave Maria forfeits rugby match against North Florida for third consecutive time

Al Huffman

The Deadbirds may be heading to the conference championship this season as a result of the forfeit. Image courtesy of Facebook.

The Deadbirds may be heading to the conference championship this season as a result of the forfeit.
Image courtesy of Facebook.

The North Florida rugby club (6-1)  received a free win from Ave Maria when the Gyrenes forfeited their Feb. 27 match to the Deadbirds on Feb. 18.

Since their conference championship upset of the Deadbirds in 2014, Ave Maria has forfeited every match against North Florida.

The Deadbirds have waited impatiently for a shot at revenge, and the team reacted to the news of the forfeit with frustration. Even players who participated in that infamous match, including Deadbird alumnus and Jacksonville Axemen standout Taylor “Thor” Youngling have expressed their outrage.

“Their mothers bear no true men and their god inspires no bravery or courage in their hearts,” Youngling said. “They are weak and their skin blanches white as the milk in their veins at the thought of facing our gods.”

The Deadbirds will have to wait a little longer to get a shot to settle the score with Ave Maria. However, this win all but clenches a spot in the conference championship game.

The Deadbirds play their regular season finale at home against FGCU on March 5.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].  

1 Comment

One Response to “Ave Maria forfeits rugby match against North Florida for third consecutive time”

1. Daniel on February 19th, 2016 5:32 pm

Bro

[Reply]