UNF to announce if classes will be cancelled tomorrow

UNF+will+announce+if+classes+are+cancelled+Wednesday+morning.++
Janaka Ranabahu & Nadeeka Siriwardhana
UNF will announce if classes are cancelled Wednesday morning.

The UNF Crisis Management team will announce whether classes will be cancelled before noon Wednesday.

An email sent out to students, faculty and staff, said President John Delaney and the UNF Crisis Management team will meet after the National Hurricane Center sends out the 11 a.m. advisory to make the decision about closing campus.

An update regarding the university’s closure will be sent out via email to students and staff and also posted on myWings, Blackboard, UNF’s official homepage and social media.

Some students are not happy about the late decision.

“My mom lives 6 hours away so if I wait too long to leave I’ll possibly end up driving for twice as long or more with the traffic. They need to give us more time to plan,” Senior Celise Blackman said. “This could potentially be really bad and one day isn’t nearly enough time to figure out where you’re going and who’s riding with who, getting food and water, and what not.”

The Spinnaker will continue to track and provide updates about Hurricane Matthew.