Women’s basketball team drop first road game of season

Claire Ionaddis
Claire Ioannidis added an additional ten points to the Osprey score. Photo by Joslyn Simmons

The University of South Florida gave North Florida its first loss of the season. The Ospreys fell 78-42 to the Bulls in Tampa Nov. 15.

To open the game, the Bulls jumped out to a 15-5 lead, and the Ospreys never recovered.

Tesh Hanson almost garnered the second double-double of her Osprey career with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds, in addition to two blocks.

Claire Ioannidis added an additional ten points to the Osprey score.

Ioannidis and Hanson made up a combined 28 points of UNF’s 42. There were no other Ospreys in double figures.

It was a slow night for star point guard Sierra Shepherd who only had two points during the game.  

The teams went into halftime 36-18 with the Bulls leading.

The Ospreys went on a 6-0 run out of the break, but it wasn’t enough. UNF only scored another 24 points during the second half, while the Bulls racked up another 42 points.    

Four Bulls were in double figures, adding to 56 points. The top four USF scorers out scored the Ospreys’ entire team by 14.

Next the Ospreys look to bounce back against Webber International on Nov. 18 in the UNF Arena at 11 a.m.