Women’s basketball bounce back netting 100 points

Photo by Joslyn Simmons
Photo by Joslyn Simmons

UNF reaches 100 points for the first time since 1997, in a landslide win over Webber International on Nov. 18. Six Ospreys had double digits in scoring, running away with the game 103-57.

UNF (2-1) came to play, not wanting to let down the 2,500 kids on elementary school day. North Florida jumped out to an early 13-0 lead over Webber.

Tesh Hanson has been a huge unexpected boost for the Ospreys. Hanson had a team-high 17 points in addition to six rebounds. The guard has scored in the double digits every games that she played as an Osprey.  

Sierra Shepard broke out of her rut garnering marks all over the stat sheet. She had 15 points, seven assists and six rebounds in addition to two steals.  

Sophomore Hadley Kiefer had an electrifying 12 points, netting four threes.

Webber (3-5) had only a 26.8 field goal percentage, to UNF’s 52.9. North Florida outperformed Webber in many areas with 28 more points in the paint, out rebounded by 21 and had 20 more points off the bench.

Junior guard Victoria Baggett was the lone Webber player in double figures, scoring 20 of its 57 points.

Claire Ioannidis and Kirsten Clement both had 11 points each, and Simone Brown added on another 10 points to making her the sixth Osprey with double digit scoring.

UNF lead the whole time, and won the game easily to remain undefeated at home this season.

Next the Ospreys will face FAU on Nov. 20 at 1 p.m., in the UNF Arena.