Tis the season for rap and R&B

Three notable rappers are dropping albums this holiday season: J. Cole, Kid Cudi and Gucci Mane. We broke down what to expect from each one so you can pick your soundtrack for the holiday season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeU4v10iA0&feature=youtu.be

J. Cole’s new album 4 Your Eyez Only was released Dec. 9. The album has been anticipated for quite some time due to the artist not dropping much music since his last album 2014 Forest Hill Drive, which went double platinum with no features in 2014.

Kid Cudi dropped his new album Passion, Pain and Demon Slayin Dec. 16. This is another anticipated album for two reasons. The first is that Kid Cudi hasn’t dropped much music lately, except the one feature with Travis Scott on his new album, Bird in the Trap. Second, Kid Cudi discussed on social media how he is dealing with depression recently and he needs to find a drive to keep going in his life. Many of his fans, friends and family have been trying to help him get through this rough time in his life including Kanye West, who is also dealing with personal issues.

Last, there’s Gucci Mane. His album didn’t catch anyone by surprise because Gucci is always dropping music on a regular basis. His new album, The Return of East Atlanta Santa will drop Dec. 16 as well. This is the first Christmas in a while that Gucci will be able to spend with his family due to struggling with legal issues and repeatedly being in and out of prison.  

Not interested in these albums but still need something new to listen to? You can stream Spinnaker Radio online all through the holidays.