Basketball says so long to seniors

Dallas Moore, Aaron Bodager and Chris Davenport will all be playing their last regular season home game today. This could likely be the last time that you see any of them playing in the UNF Arena.

On the court all of these guys are forces to be reckoned with, but we got to know the guys a little bit better off the court.

The three point specialist, or Aaron Bodager as he is known by the masses, is a fifth year senior due to an injury. He really stepped into his own after being sidelined.

“What he did last year, lead the ASUN in three point shooting and became the eighth greatest shooter in the league. He really felt his niche and purpose which has blossomed him,”  said Head Coach Matthew Driscoll. “I couldn’t be more proud of a player, I brag on him.”

Bodager could not make it to the interview due to his internship. He will earn his degree in health science later this year.

Chris Davenport is definitely a dark horse. Davenport does a lot of the dirty work and hardly gets credit. The senior can block, rebound and score at a high level making him an imminent threat.

“In the history of our school he’s almost in every single category in the top 10,” said Driscoll. “He’s been as big of a proponent than anyone, and you can include Dallas in that.”

Dallas Moore will likely go down as the best player to ever wear a UNF uniform. Moore was the first UNF basketball player to score 2,000 career points and has an array of other accolades under his belt.  

The guard has nine 30 plus point games this season alone, including a career high 39 against Lipscomb. Moore is the greatest scorer in Florida’s division one history.

“I’ve coached some of the best guards that you ever could coach…and none of them are better than [Dallas] is,” said Driscoll, “He’s as good a guard that I’ve ever coached.”

20 different NBA teams have come to see UNF’s brightest star. After this season, Moore will test the draft waters again, and will pursue a professional basketball career.

These Ospreys will surely be missed. You can still catch them and the rest of the team in action today as they take on Jacksonville University in the UNF Arena at 7 p.m.

__