Help! I’m stuck on campus for Spring Break

Bored over break? We have some suggestions.

By James Donlon

Your life is boring. Day in and day out you feel time slowly chipping away at you. Everyday feels like the same, worn out record, looping over and over again. Wake-up, go to school, go to work, go home, watch Netflix, sleep and repeat.

But there is hope on the horizon. Up ahead, in just a few days, Spring Break will be here at last. The break is the time of the spring semester every college student dreams about. A full week just to yourself with all the time in the world to do whatever you want. So many possibilities. So many options. And you’re still stuck on campus.

That’s right, for whatever reason, whether it be work or travel issues or any other excuse to avoid your family, you’re stuck at UNF for Spring Break. Sad. But there is hope! It’s not as fun as a vacation or the beach or any place that’s not here, and I’m not a miracle worker. But there are still some fun things to do here on campus to distract you from mindlessly scrolling through Facebook and Instagram and seeing the great times all your friends are having.

Monday

This first Monday sucks. There is really nothing to do on campus. I guess you’re gonna have to just do what you did over the weekend! Not a problem though! The gym is fun and reading is great! (Right?)

Tuesday

Uh… Yeah nothing really going on. Maybe go to the gym? Watch my movie.

Wednesday

Well you could read again? Watch movies on Spinnaker on Demand (self-promo)? The gym closes soon so get that last minute workout in. Otherwise, I got nothing.

Thursday

Do I have to make one for every day? It sucks. Spring break is terrible if you stay on campus. Don’t. If you can leave, leave. This sounds like hell. I’m going home. I can’t take it. I’m sorry if you have to stay here. Godspeed.