Student rates available for Jacksonville Armada games on campus

Photo by Ronnie Rodgers

With the popularity of soccer growing rapidly, the Jacksonville Armada calling Hodges Stadium their new home was huge. Not just for the team, but also for the UNF community.

“We are very excited about playing at UNF. We expect it to have a good atmosphere,”Armada Head Coach Mark Lowry said. “We look forward to connecting with the community around there and also bring them some quality, attractive soccer.”

The Osprey community can now experience professional soccer in their backyard, plus many more perks. Students and fans alike can tailgate in lot 18 before the match kicks off, and purchase affordable tickets to the games.

Student tickets start at $10 a match and season passes are $160, which is the cheapest price available. A section for UNF students next to Section 904 was created this year, meaning “students will be right in the middle of the most exciting area.” There are also giveaways and food and drink specials the student body can participate in.   

As of now, it is unclear if the Armada will continue to call Hodges Stadium home beyond the 2017 season, but it will likely depend partly on student enthusiasm for the team’s campus presence.

“I think it’s a great opportunity for us to connect and reach out to possibly a different fan base,” Jemal Johnson, an Armada midfielder, said. “With it being at UNF, we are now right on the doorstep of huge new group of people who may have not even heard of a professional soccer team in Jacksonville.”

The first home game of the season is April 2 against FC Edmonton, kickoff is at 4 p.m.