Volleyball signs seven new students

Ronnesha Rodgers

The volleyball teams welcome some new faces to their rosters. Photo courtesy of UNF Athletics.

The UNF beach and indoor volleyball team are trying to stay ahead in the early signing period, bringing in a combined seven new players.

There will be two student-athletes joining the beach volleyball team and five joining the indoor team.

Carolyn Cain and Marisa Rogers are the two Ospreys joining the beach volleyball team.

Cain is coming from Purcellville, Va. where she was named to the All-Virginia 21A West first team twice. She has also made the all region team and played indoor volleyball as well.

Rogers is a Crestview, Fla. native. She trained at the Olympic Training Center in 2013 and made her way to the JBT Nationals in both 2014 and 2015.

The five Ospreys that will be joining the indoor team are Kaileen Herman, Blaire Register, Devyn Wheeler, Callie Workman and Erin Yeatman.

Herman is a setter from Tinley Park, Ill. At her high school, she broke the record for most sets with 1,736 sets. She also made it to the 7th Annual Southtown Sports All-Star Game where the top-30 players in the state of Illinois are recognized.

Register is a Florida native from St. John’s. There she helped her school to two conference and district championships. To add onto her success she played for JJVA and help her team to the Big South Championship in 2015.

Wheeler is from Topeka, Kan., where she has been selected to the all-district first team three times while winning two district titles. During her junior year in high school she was named 2015 Blocker of the Year for her district.

Workman is also a Florida native coming from the state’s capital of Tallahassee, Fla. She holds the career dig record for her team and earned a spot on the Under Armour All-American Watch List. She also has spent time doing beach volleyball where she came in second at the USAV Beach Series Classic.

Yeatman joins UNF from Georgia. Yeatman has won back-to-back Region Championships and was the runner up at the state tournament. Her junior year she won Defensive Player of the Year and her senior year she was named Player of the Year.