UNF student and mother express safety concerns after being allegedly tracked by father

Jessica May

Photo by Camille Shaw

UNFPD was dispatched to the Thomas G. Carpenter Library when a UNF student and her mother expressed concern for their safety while on campus on Aug. 21.

According to the police report, the student and her mother were fearful that the student’s father was tracking and trying to manipulate them. The report says they were both concerned he may be tracking them by using GPS tracking equipment on their cars and cell phones.

The report says that, over few days, the father of the student was found on UNF campus and was observed asking staff and faculty where to find the student and her mother.

UNFPD reportedly made several attempts to find the father on campus without any luck.

The police report states a Duval County judge issued a temporary protection order on the man, and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office served the man with the protection orders on Sept. 4.

A UNFPD officer attended a hearing to extend the time limitations of the protection orders on Sept 17., according to the report. The student’s father is reportedly not allowed to be on campus without being escorted to his destination by UNF police.