Sculpture and Ceramics Guild get approved travel requests to travel to national art conferences

Alex Del Dago, Student Government Reporter

The Budget and Allocations Committee met on Friday to hear seven travel requests. Both the UNF Ceramics Guild and Sculpture Guild asked for funding to attend two different art conferences out-of-state.

The Ceramics Guild asked for $2,000 to send ten students to the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts in Minneapolis, MN. After mentioning how going to this event would benefit UNF’s image in the art world and would allow students to show off and learn about their craft, the committee denied the funding in a 2-0-7 vote. Since it has been rejected by the committee, the funding request will move to the senate floor this Friday, March 8.

The Sculpture Guild then officially asked the committee for $1,726 for registration, lodging and transportation to attend the National Conference on Contemporary Cast Iron Art and Practices in Birmingham, AL. With similar reasons as the Ceramics Guild, the Sculpture Guild also stressed the fact that it would better the education of the fine art students and allow them to learn about and showcase their work. This request was approved by the committee with a 9-0-0 vote and will not have to appear in Senate on March 8.

__