Students decompress and relax at PAWS Your Stress event

Drew McDonald and Jack Cunha

[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexqZA3YyRQ[/embedyt]

This time of the semester, students are spending countless hours at the Thomas G. Carpenter Library in order to best prepare for their exams. With PAWS Your Stress, students can take a break from the cramming and spend a couple of minutes petting dogs and clear their minds.

Vickie Smith, a volunteer puppy raiser of the First Coast Chapter of Canine Companions, talked about the purpose of PAWS Your Stress.

“PAWS Your Stress is an event here at UNF where the students during their finals come and just take a break, pet the dogs, and get to learn about our organization where we provide our dogs free of charge to people with disabilities,” Smith said.

Many students like Sophomore Computer Science major Alex Isin enjoyed their experience with the dogs and even got pictures with them.

“My experience was definitely a ten out of ten. I was with Truckie, wonderful dog, love him to death. I met him for like a couple of minutes, got to get a picture with him, it was great,” Isin said.

Instead of scrolling through their quizlet flashcards, students sat down and bonded with man’s best friend and even made some memories along the way.

“Anytime you get to pet a dog, it’s a good day. Many of (the students) say this is the best day ever,” Smith said.

__