5 companies that can help you pay your way through college

Heydi Ortiz, Managing Editor

When applying for jobs, the main things on your mind may be the pay wage and how many hours they’re willing to give you, but if you’re a college student you may also want to consider working for companies that are willing to help you pay your way through college. Here is a list of companies you may want to look at.

1.) Publix

For college and university enrollment, Publix can award you $3,200 per year and $12,800 as a maximum limit in college reimbursement. Some of the undergraduate programs that can be approved for the program include but are not limited to: accounting, computer science, and human resources.

Any associate who has been working at Publix for six months and works a minimum of 10 hours a week is eligible for the program.

For more information click here.

2.) Home Depot

If you’re a part-time or full-time employee at Home Depot, ask about their tuition reimbursement. Home Depot offers up to $1,500 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year for part-time and $3,000 for full-time per calendar year.

Of course, Home Depot asks that coursework be related to the business of the company and the course must be approved by the company.

For more information about this program click here.

3.) Chipotle

Chipotle has partnered up with Guild Education to give both part-time and full-time employees the opportunity to earn a college degree through college-assistance, discounted classes and credit hours for on-the-job training. With the Chipotle Educational Assistance Program you can pay as little as $250 a year for a college degree.

For more information about the program click here.

4.) UPS

If you work at UPS, their Earn & Learn program will help you receive up to $5,250 in college assistance per calendar year with a lifetime maximum limit of $25,000. What’s even better? Eligibility begins the day you’re hired.

For more information click here.

5.) Best Buy

If you’ve worked at Best Buy for six months or more you might want to consider looking into their college assistance program. Best Buy will award you $3,500 for undergraduate  and $5,250 for graduate-level coursework per calendar year.

__