It’s the season to give thanks and give a little something back.
With Thanksgiving coming up, some people might be looking to volunteer, but where can you find these opportunities?
Here is a list of local places you can volunteer for Thanksgiving:
1. Trinity Rescue Mission is serving Thanksgiving lunch on Nov. 26 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.. More information can be found here.
2. City Rescue Mission which will be serving Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.. More information can be found here.
3. Hunger Fight will be giving away packaged Thanksgiving meals on Nov. 15 and 16 at varying times. More information can be found here.
4. Mission House which serves meals everyday always has volunteering opportunities. More information can be found here.
5. The Clara White Mission is serving Thanksgiving breakfast on Thanksgiving Day from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. More information can be found here.
In addition to these five places opportunities, the UNF Rotaract Club does a lot of local volunteering around Jax. While the Rotaract Club might not be participating in any Thanksgiving volunteer opportunities this year, they do participate in a variety of volunteering opportunities such as Operation Christmas Child, beach cleanups and more. For more information on the Rotaract Club you can email them at [email protected] or enroll in their Canvas course here.
For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected]