UNF student invites Trump to celebrate Passover

I want to invite the President of the USA Donald J. Trump to our Passover Seder

Posted by Randy Kersh on Tuesday, April 4, 2017

UNF student Randy Kersh officially invited President Donald Trump and his family to celebrate Passover.

“I know he’s a busy man,” Kersh said. “I want to see if he can come because his kids is Jewish, and I want him to join our family.”

Kersh was referring to Ivanka Trump, who converted to Judaism in 2009 to marry her husband Jared Kushner. They now have three “beautiful Jewish” children, as Trump would say.

Kersh is the co-president of the UNF Jewish Ospreys, and is well-known around campus for his friendly and outgoing attitude. Kersh has previously arranged a meeting of ten presidents from different chabads in other universities. Some of who he keeps in touch with.

“Randy is a walking miracle,” Rabi Shmuli Novak, who Randy referred to as his best friend, said. “He’s a vibrant, passionate member at UNF, and we’re happy to help him in his quest.”

Randy with his best friend and rabbi Shmuli Novak. Photo by Alexandra Torres-Perez

Rabi Novak helped Kersh create a voice recording inviting Trump and his family to the first Seder on April 10 at the Chabad of Southside. They both later decided in making a more personal video for President Trump.

“I want him to come. Take a break, and come for Passover,” Kersh said.

Though Trump is known for his presence on Twitter, Kersh posted the video on the UNF Jewish Ospreys Facebook page, and tagged Donald Trump on the post. According to Trump’s schedule posted online, Trump is currently at the White House and unfortunately will not be joining Kersh for passover.