UNF student arrested for collecting and distributing child pornography

Sam Chaney, News Editor

Anthony Stagnitta mugshot. Courtesy of Bradford County Sheriff’s Office.

According to the Department of Justice, 21-year-old UNF student Anthony David Stagnitta was arrested and charged on April 30 for distributing child pornography via Kik, an instant-messaging app.

After a federal complaint was filed regarding sexual pornography involving infants, a federal undercover investigation revealed that a person had distributed the videos in question over text.

Upon investigation, federal agents reportedly traced the videos back to Stagnitta’s home, where they discovered an additional 25 images depicting the sexual abuse of young boys and girls on his smartphone.

Officials revealed that Stagnitta had been allegedly involved in 10 group chats with other Kik members who used the app in order to exchange and collect child pornography.

Stagnitta reportedly admitted to officials that he had received approximately 15 images and videos of child pornography, although he later stated that it was closer to 150 files.

Stagnitta also allegedly admitted to using the child pornography for sexual gratification.

According to officials, Stagnitta faces federal charges and may serve between 5 to 20 years in federal prison, as well as a “potential life term of supervised release.”

Stagnitta is currently in jail in Bradford County and is waiting for a detention hearing that is scheduled for May 24.