Harvest Moon Café is being removed after recent Auxiliary Oversight Committee

Sam Chaney, News Editor

The UNF Auxiliary Oversight Committee met on Wednesday, May 9 in order to discuss budget and funding requests made by various offices on campus.

Sam Chaney
Representatives of various campus offices attended the meeting to present their budget requests.

A representative from the Herbert University Center addressed the Committee regarding a $20,000 funding request in order to decommission the Harvest Moon Café and expand the hallway for event-related activities.

Revenue generated by the Café has reportedly continued to decrease as more snack and beverage vending machines have been placed in the Herbert University Center.

The $20,000 budget request was granted by the Committee.

Committee members also reviewed a submission made by the Office of Undergraduate Research to increase their budgeting authority, rendering them better able to to fund promotional supplies for students and faculty.

The request was made in response to a broken poster printer. The Auxiliary Oversight Committee approved the request for $3,000.

The Committee then addressed a budget authority request made by College Optical, who has been in need of extra funding due to a necessary repair that fell outside of the originally anticipated Retail Lease budget.

College Optical was granted the desired $1,870 in order to repair a broken automatic door opener.

A member of the Division of Enrollment Services also presented a miscellaneous Commencement request for an additional $1,700 to the Committee. The funding’s purpose would be to cover the invoice for the Spring 2018 President’s Reception.

The $1,7000 request was unanimously approved by the Committee.

Next, the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction presented their request to increase the registration fee for vendors attending the CCEC Employer Showcase by $100. This fee increase would not affect the student body as it is a for-profit increase only.

The request was unanimously approved by the Auxiliary Oversight Committee.