Scott Bennet appointed as next UNF Chief Information Officer

Hannah Lee, Editor-in-Chief

After a search committee failed  in trying to find the next Chief Information Officer, Shari Shuman, Administration and Finance vice president, has appointed Scott Bennett as the new CIO, according to an Osprey Update.

The CIO is in charge of planning and managing all areas of information technology strategy, development, and implementation, according to the UNF website. The CIO also oversees Information Technology Services.

Bennett is currently the associate vice president of Administration and Finance and works directly with Shuman.

According to the update, Bennett has led the the Banner ERP implementation, which was one of the most impactful technology-based projects in campus history. Bennett is also the Vice Chairman for Community First Credit Union’s Board of Directors.

“He’s a proven leader who values the importance of building relationships, customer-centered service and the meaningful impact that IT staff bring to the University,” the update said. “All of this, along with his pragmatic approach to innovation, make him the right fit for this position.”

__