Florida’s tax-free holiday is coming in hot

Courtney Green, Managing Editor

It might have slipped your mind between quarantine and COVID-19 and all the ways our lives have changed since the pandemic began, but there tends to be a tax-free holiday specifically for back to school shopping each year — and this one is coming in hot.

Florida’s 2020 tax-free holiday for back to school shopping is August 7 through August 9 this year.

As always, there is a list of goods that aren’t tax free and a price-tag limit as well. You can find that list and download it here.

___

• Students stand in line for Qdoba

Food

SG efforts bring a new dining experience to campus: Qdoba

• UNF IT email alert

UNF disables access to university accounts without Duo app

• empty shelves

OPINION: Put the cart down, panic buying is no good

• A soccer player running toward a ball

Men’s soccer takes inaugural meeting against ASUN’s newest member

• Soccer player protects ball from defender

Late goal propels women’s soccer to shorthanded win in ASUN home opener

• Colonel Crackers, a giant goldfish floating in the lake outside the library, on its side by shore

Gallery

Colonel Crackers down!: UNF begins cleanup after Hurricane Ian

• Coastal Watches/Warnings and Forecast Cone for Storm Center as of 1 p.m. Thursday

Hurricane Ian

Free Wi-Fi hotspots available amidst power outages, some UNF services to resume after Ian

• As Floridians rush to prepare for Hurricane Ian, this Shell gas station by the University of North Florida was already out of gas by Wednesday.

Hurricane Ian

Category 4 Hurricane Ian brings ‘catastrophic’ storm surge, winds to Florida

• UNF flag flies in the wind

Hurricane Ian puts UNF athletic events on hold

• “Earth is now our only shareholder” Patagonia owner gives away billion-dollar company to fight climate crisis

Business

“Earth is now our only shareholder” Patagonia owner gives away billion-dollar company to fight climate crisis