Jan. 20 – Jan. 25

Jan. 20 – Possession of a Controlled Substance (Building 38) – UPD responded to the parking lot behind Building 38 in reference to two men placing fliers on vehicles.

When the officer looked up their identity, one of the men had a warrant out for his arrest for possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested and searched.

The subject had nine Ecstasy pills on him and the other person was issued a notice of Trespass Warning and told not to return to campus.

Jan. 21 – Petty Theft (Housing Office) – UPD was dispatched to the housing area, due to an apparent theft of a wallet. Once the victim noticed the missing wallet, he alerted his mother.

His mother called him later and informed him that his bank called her and that his credit card was declined at a nearby store for uncharacteristic behavior. The case was referred to a detective.

Jan. 21 – Property Found (Building S) – UPD responded to a bong found in a dorm room during a Health and Safety Inspection.

After interviewing the subjects and inspecting the bong, UPD determined the bong had not been used recently and did not have sufficient resin to test for marijuana. Both roommates were referred to student conduct.

Jan. 22 – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Building Q) – UPD was dispatched to a dorm room in reference to a strong odor of marijuana. After UPD and the Resident Assistant gained entrance into the dorm room, the four suspects admitted to smoking a joint. A self-made pipe was also found in the room. All four students were referred to student conduct.

Jan. 23 – Criminal Mischief (Alumni Hall)
– UPD was dispatched to Alumni Hall to investigate a male sleeping on the 2nd floor.

Upon arriving, UPD noticed the same door that Physical Facilities padlocked earlier that evening was forcibly broken into. After entering the room, UPD observed the suspect drunk and asleep in a chair. The man was not a UNF student and did not have a local ID.

Jan. 24 – Burglary (Lot 15) – UPD responded to a stolen property complaint in Lot 15, where a
skateboard, Ipod and a prescription pill bottle were missing from a car.Due to the unknown point of entry, the vehicle was not processed for fingerprints.

Jan. 25 – Injury (Building Q) – A UPD officer responded to a woman lying on the floor with scrapes and red marks on her. She was complaining of a hurt back. Upon questioning the woman, the officer realized the woman had been drinking Parrot Bay Rum. The officer also witnessed several bed sheets hanging from a window, and upon further investigation, the officer determined the end of the sheets were tied to her bed. The woman’s purse contained a clear water bottle with liquid that smelled like alcohol. She was transported to St. Luke’s Hospital.

Compiled by James Cannon II.