Jax Talent Grand Finale hosted at UNF Student Union

[nicevideo link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz3K8uewqmU”]

The third floor of the UNF Student Union came to life with music and dancing Friday night as students and spectators alike gathered for the Jax Talent Grand Finale. The show featured a variety of performing arts acts including country music and modern dance routines. The judges panel included UNF’s own professor of music theory, Dr. Stephen Gosden.

The Jax Talent Finale showcased the top 15 acts selected from online voting. Contestants included some of Jacksonville’s top young artists such as Savanna Leigh Bassett, a full-time musician and recent graduate from Florida State University. Bassett performed her original song “Trigger.” Other acts included Lyndie Burris, who performed the song “Don’t put dirt on my grave just yet” from the hit television show Nashville. As if all of this wasn’t exciting enough, the Bride of Frankenstein was also in attendance. Actress and singer Amy Corob, who currently holds the role of the Bride of Frankenstein at Universal Studios Orlando advanced past the semifinal round of the performance.

The contest concluded with Amy Corob in third place, Dean Marko Tacandong in second place, and Fierce Dance Theater winning first place. Eco Latino.com sponsored Jax Talent 2014 along with The United States Army, UNF, and many others.