October 27 – November 5

Oct. 27 – Burglary (Building 44) – A student had his car parked in Garage 44 since Oct. 22. He realized his parking permit was missing when he received a parking ticket. He believes he left his doors unlocked.

Oct. 29 – Petty Theft (Building B) – A student in Osprey Village left her purse on her bed, and when she returned, $160 was missing. The student said there were a lot of people in the dorm room during the times when the money could have been taken, and she doesn’t know who could have taken it.

Oct. 30 – Criminal Mischief (Building 58W) – A gate near the rear of the Student Union was broken. The gate was secured for the Ludacris concert and university employees think whoever broke it must have pushed the gate until the lock broke. Nothing else was found broken or missing.

Nov. 1 – Drug Possession (Building T) – During a safety and health check of a dorm room in Osprey Cove, a resident assistant found a makeshift water bong on a stool. The RA contacted UPD about this. After an officer arrived and began collecting the paraphernalia, one of the residents entered the room and admitted to owning it. When asked if there was any marijuana in the room, he produced a box with some marijuana in it. The student was then issued a notice to appear.

Nov. 2 – Burglary (Lot 18) – A student who left her vehicle unlocked noticed her diamond hoop earrings were missing when she returned. Her other personal belongings were not taken, but she said her earrings were insured.

Nov. 3 – Burglary (Lot 10) – A student parked his Jeep Wrangler, which has no doors or roof, in the parking lot of the Osprey Hall dormitory and returned an hour later to find his parking pass missing.

Nov. 3 – Petty Theft (Lot 9) – A parking pass was stolen out of a student’s open window while he was in class. The window on the driver’s side door of a vehicle was rolled down because the window was broken.

Nov. 3 – Drug Possession (Building S) – While responding to an alcohol violation call, UPD smelled marijuana coming from a dorm room in the Osprey Crossings. The officer obtained permission to enter and saw a blue, glass pipe containing marijuana residue on the kitchen counter. Before the officer had a chance to search the room, a student produced a bag of marijuana and a clear glass bong. A search of the room produced two packages of cigarette rolling papers and another bag of marijuana. The two residents were issued notices to appear.

Nov. 5 – Information (Building D) – UPD was dispatched to Osprey Village in response to a sick person. The student reported that she was feeling weak and having trouble breathing. She was transported to Mayo Clinic.

Nov. 5 – Petty Theft (Building Y) – UPD responded to Osprey Landing in response to a student’s missing keys. The student got into an argument with his neighbor the night before and lost his keys sometime that night. As UPD was talking with the victim, his neighbor sent him a text message saying that he was going to kill him, “literally.” After UPD spoke to the neighbor, he said that he was just mad and that he didn’t mean what he sent in the text message. Housing Operations told the victim he could stay in a safe room if he liked, and they said arrangements were being made to change the locks on his door.

Badass of the Week:

Nov. 4 – Petty Theft (Building 58W) – UPD was dispatched to the UNF Bookstore in response to a theft. A witness said a white male entered the store and asked a clerk where the Scantrons were. He then picked up two brown Scantrons and left without paying for them. The total cost of the stolen property was valued at 50 cents.

Beat of the Week:

Oct. 30 – Information (Building 43) – Two girls who were attending the Wolfson High School homecoming dance in the University Center went outside because of an argument. While outside, the two girls found the keys to the car in which they arrived as passengers underneath the car. The driver had put them there because she didn’t want to bring them inside. The two girls used the keys to unlock the car to sit inside it while continuing to argue for about 20 more minutes. Afterward, they exited the vehicle to talk on their cell phones. One of the girls got back into the car and drove away. The driver of the car said she didn’t have permission to do this, but they did not want any further help from UPD at that time. The girls contacted their mothers and arrangements were made to pick up the vehicle.