Fitness workshops available for students

Photo+courtesy+UNF+

Photo courtesy UNF

Alexandra Torres-Perez

To help keep your New Year’s resolution, there will be various athletic workshops hosted by Healthy Ospreys and Eco Adventure throughout the month of February. These workshops are additional events that don’t reoccur like the group fitness classes in the Student Wellness Complex.  

Pickleball Workshop

This is an odd sport I have honestly never heard of and was disappointed when I learned it didn’t involve a pickle. Created in 1965, pickleball combines badminton, tennis and ping-pong. You use a paddle to hit a ball over a low net to score points against the opponent. If you want to learn this oddly named sport, the workshop will be held on Feb. 6 in the Field House from 2 to 3 p.m.

Nature Trails Workshop

Take advantage of the nature trails on campus by going to a trail running workshop on Feb. 7. The workshop starts at 4 p.m. at the Eco Adventure building, which is located near the I-295 entrance. With this workshop, you not only get to enjoy the nature trails’ beautiful scenery, but you also get to learn how to run in a trail without tripping over roots and branches. 

Ballet Strength Workshop

Pliés, chassés and jetés—those are some of the few moves you will learn at the ballet strength workshop on Feb. 11. If you’ve ever seen ballet, you know ballet involves strength as they perform difficult moves while still looking graceful and elegant. The workshop starts at 4 p.m. in group fitness studio 1800 in the Student Wellness Complex.

All of the workshops are free for UNF students. If students want to participate in any of the events, they should bring their Osprey1Card.