UNFPD finds video inside the men’s bathroom at the Library on Jesse Martinez’s computer

Sam Chaney and Hannah Lee

UNF student Jesse Martinez, who was arrested in April, recently received an additional 15 new felony charges, according to a Campus Security Update sent out by the University Police Department on Friday, Aug. 10.

UPD has charged Martinez with an additional 15 felony counts of video voyeurism after discovering he had hidden a video camera in the men’s room of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library this past spring.

UNF Student, Jesse Martinez, was arrested on April 9.

According to the Campus Security Update, UPD has identified seven additional victims, none of which were reportedly extorted for sexual favors.

“The UPD is handling this sensitive matter with the upmost discretion to protect the victims. The UPD strongly believes that being a victim is never the fault of the victim,” the statement said. “Everyone who has been identified as a victim has been offered counseling services.”

Additional charges may reportedly be filed as UPD continues their investigation.

Martinez is now facing 25 charges, not including a violation of probation from Alachua County.  He will be back in court on Aug. 15 at 9 a.m.

Students, faculty and staff can contact UPD at (904) 620-2800.