Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Heydi Ortiz, Police Reporter

Former UNF student, Wesley Zane Twiggs, was arrested on Saturday morning after writing 2 anonymous threats on a chat site, threatening to commit a mass shooting at Fernandina Beach High School, according to police.

According to Law Offices Of Bossen and Jamieson, Twiggs is currently receiving in-patient treatment in a residential facility, after being charged with a second degree felony and later released on a $25,000 bond.

Wesley Twiggs. Photo from Nassau County.

The law office representing Twiggs assured parents and students there is no threat to the Fernandina beach High School community. According to the law office, Twiggs and his family have cooperated with law enforcement and have requested their privacy in the midst of navigating through the situation.

Spinnaker will update this story as more information becomes available.

1 Comment

One Response to “Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment”

1. Lauri Russell on January 15th, 2019 7:57 am

Please update the community on this story. Students at Fernandina Beach High School are concerned about attending school today, and even though security has been beefed up at the school, it would help the community to know if Wesley Twiggs is still in inpatient treatment or has been released.

• Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Student Government requests $17,000 to repaint their walls in first committee meetings of Spring

Campus hours and closures for holiday

How is UNF preventing gym germs at the Wellness Center?

Police Beat: Car mischief and roommate problems

Student Government

First Senate meeting focuses on upcoming Student Government elections

Candidate Coverage

UNF alum files to run for Mayor of Jacksonville

Why is Meningitis B a hot topic in university wellness?

Director of Equal Opportunity and Diversity to leave UNF to pursue passion

Twenty days and counting: How the government shutdown may begin to affect college students

What does Barbara Lagoa’s appointment mean for the Florida Supreme Court?