Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Heydi Ortiz, Police Reporter

Former UNF student, Wesley Zane Twiggs, was arrested on Saturday morning after writing 2 anonymous threats on a chat site, threatening to commit a mass shooting at Fernandina Beach High School, according to police.

According to Law Offices Of Bossen and Jamieson, Twiggs is currently receiving in-patient treatment in a residential facility, after being charged with a second degree felony and later released on a $25,000 bond.

Wesley Twiggs. Photo from Nassau County.

The law office representing Twiggs assured parents and students there is no threat to the Fernandina beach High School community. According to the law office, Twiggs and his family have cooperated with law enforcement and have requested their privacy in the midst of navigating through the situation.

Spinnaker will update this story as more information becomes available.

1 Comment

One Response to “Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment”

1. Lauri Russell on January 15th, 2019 7:57 am

Please update the community on this story. Students at Fernandina Beach High School are concerned about attending school today, and even though security has been beefed up at the school, it would help the community to know if Wesley Twiggs is still in inpatient treatment or has been released.

• Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Police Beat: A stolen textbook, large amounts of money and a stolen skateboard

Trump to colleges: Back free speech or lose funds

Dorm doors failing to close

How UNF prevents misuse of funding

Former UNF President gives his take on college admissions scandal

Osprey Roundtable shows students are made uncomfortable by campus preachers and speakers

Board of Trustees discusses cutting students costs and adding a new Masters program

Temporary Shuttle Stops added to the Library and Student Union

Spring Break: What’s open on campus?

UNF Pride Club hosts a clothing swap