Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Heydi Ortiz, Police Reporter

Former UNF student, Wesley Zane Twiggs, was arrested on Saturday morning after writing 2 anonymous threats on a chat site, threatening to commit a mass shooting at Fernandina Beach High School, according to police.

According to Law Offices Of Bossen and Jamieson, Twiggs is currently receiving in-patient treatment in a residential facility, after being charged with a second degree felony and later released on a $25,000 bond.

Wesley Twiggs. Photo from Nassau County.

The law office representing Twiggs assured parents and students there is no threat to the Fernandina beach High School community. According to the law office, Twiggs and his family have cooperated with law enforcement and have requested their privacy in the midst of navigating through the situation.

Spinnaker will update this story as more information becomes available.

1 Comment

One Response to “Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment”

1. Lauri Russell on January 15th, 2019 7:57 am

Please update the community on this story. Students at Fernandina Beach High School are concerned about attending school today, and even though security has been beefed up at the school, it would help the community to know if Wesley Twiggs is still in inpatient treatment or has been released.

• Former UNF student accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in treatment

Local Memorial Day events

Entering Memorial Day weekend with a wildfire close to home

Business

UNF’s Small Business Development Center helps with development of a non-profit

Student Government’s first committee meetings of the summer

Anthony Stagnitta pleads guilty to collection and distribution of child pornography

Publix Chicken Tender Subs on sale for a limited time

Free Speech vs. Inclusiveness: What college students think

Top Story

UNF redesigns student ID’s to function as voter ID’s

Top Story

New updates coming to UNF Wi-Fi

Top Story

Get your paddles with summer kayaking lessons