News in Brief April 13, 2011

UNF Student Union to open 24 hours for “Study UNF”

The UNF Student Union will be open for 24 hours April 20-27 while implementing a program called “Study UNF.” Study UNF is taking over all the non-department rooms in the student union to create additional study space for the student body in preparation for finals week.

The “Study Union” will be comprised of quiet rooms, group study rooms and lecture rooms for both faculty and students. ACE and other departments on campus will offer programs for students through group sessions, healthy study habits and stress relievers.

This program was successfully implemented by the Student Union Administration in Fall 2010. In addition to the ACE “Healthy Study Habits” and Health Promotions “Stress Free Zone,” this year Osprey Productions is providing a day to bounce your stress away — an event which includes inflatables and free food.

Chartwells will be introducing their “Finals Late Night Specials,” April 25-27 from 8 p.m. to midnight consisting of $1 deals for students.

“Study UNF” takes place in Building 58 and is free to all UNF students.

For more information, contact Teresa Campbell at (904) 620-1750 or [email protected].

Fine Arts Center parking garage elevator temporarily unavailable due to fire

The elevator in the Fine Arts Center Parking Garage, Building 44, is temporarily unavailable due to a fire that was intentionally set and occurred in the elevator car April 12.

No one was in the elevator car at the time and the fire has been extinguished. Faculty, staff and students can cross over from the parking garage on the second floor to the Fine Arts Center, Building 45, and use the elevator in this building or park in the Arena Parking Garage, Building 38.

Anyone with information about this arson should contact the University Police Department at (904) 620-2800.

Compiled by Jordyn Waters