UNF Biology Professor recipient Terry Presidential Professorship

Hannah Lee

The Terry Presidential Professorship was designed in honor of previous UNF president, John Delaney to recognize faculty achievements. This year, Cliff Ross, a professor in the Department of Biology has been selected as the recipient of the professorship.

Ross will receive a $7,500 stipend for the professorship and one course release each academic year. The full-term professorship will be effective starting in July and will continue for three years.

“Serving as the Department of Biology chair, Cliff Ross has remained fully engaged in his field of coastal ecosystems while also investing time in mentoring numerous undergraduate students,” said Pam Chally, interim provost and vice president of Academic Affairs. “I have every confidence Cliff will bring further recognition to the important contributions of all our presidential professors.”

Ross has been a part of UNF since 2007 and currently holds a position as a research associate at the Smithsonian Institution. His research aims to utilize biochemical, cellular and ecological approaches to better understand stress responses in marine and freshwater organisms.

Ross has received several awards and fellowships including the UNF Outstanding Faculty Scholarship Award, UNF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, UNF Disability Resource Center’s Empowerment Award, UNF Dean’s Council Faculty Fellowship and the Smithsonian Marine Station Postdoctoral Fellowship.

__