OTV News: September 1, 2011

FORBES Magazine ranks the University of North Florida number 19 in the NATION! UNF is one of only four Florida universities to make the TOP 1-HUNDRED BEST COLLEGES LIST. President John Delaney says UNF is starting to be recognized as a school of FIRST CHOICE!

KATIA has now reached a category 2 hurricane! We will keep you posted as she approaches!
Governor Rick Scott appoints 3 to the University of North Florida Board of Trustees, ALL First Coast businessmen! WILLIAM

LOVETT of Atlantic Beach is one of the three appointed by Governor Rick Scott. LOVETT has been on the UNF Foundation Board since 1990! The other two men are MYRON PINCOMB and E. LANNY RUSSELL of Ponte Vedra. PINCOMB received his Bachelor’s from UNF, while RUSSELL served on the Jacksonville Journey crime task force! These nominations would be for terms serving through January of 2016! The governor’s office says the nominations are pending!
In other news, The UNF Dining Hall is 90 percent complete and those in charge have big plans to serve UNF students! Our investigative reporter Rebecca Ely has more!

DEADLINE for FALL 2011 Graduates! Friday, SEPTEMBER 2ND is the LAST day to apply for graduation! You have until 5 PM! See an advisor ahead of time to make SURE you don’t have anything delaying you from the certification process!
Wonder what’s been taking place in sports so far? Or want to know about upcoming games? Our sports anchor Josh Brannock as YOUR UNF sports recaps & updates!

As college students, some may want to know how good a movie is BEFORE spending your hard-earned dollar on seeing it! Our very own movie critic, Sean Collado has some recent movie release insight!
You can see Sean’s FULL movie critique on the UNF SPINNAKER DOT COM!

ABC is shining the spotlight on UNF’s very own, senior, Jermaine Reynolds. Reynolds is a part of UNF’S Music Flagship Program and will be competing in ABC’s “Karaoke Battle USA”! Tune in Friday at 9 PM! “Karaoke Battle USA” is made to show the best karaoke singers across the COUNTRY!
This past Thursday Osprey Productions put on an LMFAO concert for you as UNF students AND your guests! There was a GREAT turn out!

The next big concert will be featuring Jay Sean and Jason Derulo! This will take place OCTOBER 27TH from 7 to 10 PM at the COXWELL AMPHITHEATER! OP is doing a great job to bring UNF students exciting events – for details on movie showings, shows AND more you can visit their Facebook page!