COVID-19 and Black Friday

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

With the holidays quickly approaching that also means Black Friday is on the way too. So while you may not want to miss out on those sweet deals, it’s important to remember to stay safe and be as careful as possible when shopping.

Making sure that you wear a mask while you’re out shopping and staying a safe distance away from other customers is something that you should make sure to abide by. You should also thoroughly washing your hands before and after shopping, especially when handling whatever package you’re bringing home for your special holiday gift. It’s also important to disinfect the package itself for extra precaution.

Some stores such as Target are making sure that safety is a number one priority through their “Black Friday Now” promotion, by making it so that Black Friday deals are week to week throughout the month of November to minimize a potential outbreak. This would also give customers the ability to simply drive up to their desired store and just pick up whatever package they have saved for them.

Walmart is also giving a similar promotion which will provide Black Friday deals throughout the month of November and providing similar features with their “Black Friday Deals for Days” promotion. Contactless curbside pickups as well as other safety precautions are being upheld here as well.

Safety is a number one priority for everyone doing their holiday shopping, so whether you’re doing your shopping virtually, through curbside pick-up, or walking into a store, it’s important to stay safe.

__

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Meet the Candidates. Graphic by Carter Mudgett.

Meet the candidates: Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer interviews to begin

• Lufrano Gallery installation created by Camryn Media. Photo by Carter Mudgett.

The Lufrano Intercultural Gallery’s new exhibit opens for students and faculty to view

• Courtesy of ABC

The Bachelor: Episodes 1 and 2 Recap

• Victoria Shore, Headshot courtesy of Student Government

Advisor Shore retires after 11 years at UNF

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ spoiler free review

• What is staying open at UNF over winter break?

What is staying open at UNF over winter break?

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Twitch Streaming: Handling hate raids and DDoS attacks

• Photo courtesy of Amazon.

“A Man Named Scott” movie review

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.