COVID-19 and Black Friday

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

With the holidays quickly approaching that also means Black Friday is on the way too. So while you may not want to miss out on those sweet deals, it’s important to remember to stay safe and be as careful as possible when shopping.

Making sure that you wear a mask while you’re out shopping and staying a safe distance away from other customers is something that you should make sure to abide by. You should also thoroughly washing your hands before and after shopping, especially when handling whatever package you’re bringing home for your special holiday gift. It’s also important to disinfect the package itself for extra precaution.

Some stores such as Target are making sure that safety is a number one priority through their “Black Friday Now” promotion, by making it so that Black Friday deals are week to week throughout the month of November to minimize a potential outbreak. This would also give customers the ability to simply drive up to their desired store and just pick up whatever package they have saved for them.

Walmart is also giving a similar promotion which will provide Black Friday deals throughout the month of November and providing similar features with their “Black Friday Deals for Days” promotion. Contactless curbside pickups as well as other safety precautions are being upheld here as well.

Safety is a number one priority for everyone doing their holiday shopping, so whether you’re doing your shopping virtually, through curbside pick-up, or walking into a store, it’s important to stay safe.

__