Waves November 9th

Nov. 15
Posters for Light up the Lake stand all over campus. See the lake near the Student Union earn some lights that will surround it through January. The lights should add some brightness as winter topples over the Floridian — and therefore virtually nonexistent — autumn. The UNF Women’s Chorale and Perfect 5ths will fill the evening with their a capella belting. The 5:30 p.m. event precedes a 6 p.m. light refreshment party.

Nov. 10
Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown will hit campus for the Veterans Day Tribute Nov. 10 at 10:30 a.m. The UNF Military and Veterans Resource Center will host its first event of this kind in the UNF Osprey Plaza at the Student Union. The tribute comes complete with music from the UNF Brass Quintet and colors from the Naval Station Mayport and the Army ROTC Color Guards.

The swell:
Nov. 9
Astronauts have been to space, which is a feat most students at UNF can’t say they’ve accomplished. So why not hear all about space from a professional spaceman? Former atronaut Bob Springer will come to the Student Union Ballrooms Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. to give a talk about the world beyond our world. Also, Osprey Productions will be giving away ice cream — hopefully not the freeze-dried Neapolitan kind.