UNF Mock Trial Teams Make Waves at 2nd Annual UF Growlin’ Gator Competition

Jacksonville, FL, November 16, 2011: Both of UNF’s Mock Trial Teams performed at a high level against rival schools this past weekend at the 2nd Annual UF Growlin’ Gator Invitational Competition which took place November 11-12. UNF won more individual awards than any other university at the competition. Six (6) individual awards were won by the UNF Mock Trial Teams during the competition, three attorney awards and three witness awards:

• Best Attorney Awards: Umar Saulat, Josh Freedman, Leigh Gould
  • Best Witness Awards: Larry Robinson, Sam Kancha, Natasha Escerla

The UNF Mock Trial Teams won matches against UF, UCF, and USF while participating in the 2nd Annual University of Florida Growlin’ Gator Competition.

Background Info:
The UNF Mock Trial Organization is based out of the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Florida. Upon its inception in the 1995-1996 academic year, the UNF Mock Trial Team went on to receive the “Best New Team in America” award under the direction of Martin Edwards, who currently serves as the Director of the UNF Pre-Law Program. Currently the UNF Mock Trial Organization has two teams comprised of undergraduate students that compete in AMTA competitions under the direction of Jeremy Kespohl, the Blue Team and the Silver Team. The UNF Mock Trial Teams have won multiple awards throughout the regional and national level.