Update: UNF student falsifies Fine Arts Center garage robbery report

On August 2, a UNF student filed a police report and said to UPD she was drugged and robbed by three suspects on the third floor of the Fine Arts Center garage. The report has since been deemed falsified.
Photo by Joseph Basco

Update ( Aug. 6, 2012 @ 12:51 p.m.):

The UNF student who said she was robbed by two masked men in the Fine Arts parking garage last week admitted to police today she fabricated the story, according to an Osprey Update email sent out earlier this morning.

She has been charged with filing a false police report.

Original story:

The University Police Department is investigating a possible robbery on campus, according to an Aug. 2 crime alert released by UNF. A female student told police she left the Thomas G. Carpenter library by about 4 p.m. when she was approached by two males wearing masks and gloves near her car, which was located on the third floor of the Fine Arts Center parking garage.

She said one of the males covered her mouth with something that smelled unusual. She woke up in the backseat of her car several hours later and found a small amount of money missing from her belongings.

The police report for the incident is currently unavailable, and there is no new information, as UPD is continuing its investigation, said UPD Office Manager Barbara Dupuis.

However, Dupuis said the report should be released later today, at which time any updates will be made.

Anyone with information is asked to contact UPD.