Updates from Aug. 20 Senate meeting

UNF Senate meetings are the first and third Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m.

Senate sees plans for new clubhouse on campus 

Student Body Vice President Mike Naughton announced a clubhouse and pool deck on campus that is in partnership with Student Affairs and Student Government.

The structure, which Vice President for Student and International Affairs Mauricio Gonzalez said does not have a groundbreaking day nor a projected cost, will be situated between Osprey Cove and Osprey Village.

Gonzalez said the UNF English Language Program and UNF Housing and Residence Life will fund the project, if it is approved.

Senate appoints director of athletics and wellness, volunteer center assistant director

Naughton introduced Anthony Michael Hendricks as the candidate for the director of athletics and wellness.

Formally titled the director of athletics and the director of athletics and recreation, Naughton said the title changed to encompass more of what the Fassi-Naughton administration sees as what the position should entail.

The Senate confirmed Hendricks for the position with 34 approvals and one disapproval.

Naughton also introduced Lauren Katz as the candidate for the volunteer center assistant director.

Katz has previous experience with Osprey Productions.

The Senate confirmed Katz for the position with 35 approvals and one disapproval.

Senate denies proposed rename for Osprey Café

Student Body President Carlo Fassi discussed the proposal by UNF’s vice presidents to change the Osprey Café to The Commons.

Senate motioned to disapprove the proposed name.

Fassi said the Student Wellness Center is also up for renaming.