Counseling Center Director leaving UNF

Rene Monteagudo, Director of UNF’s Counseling Center, is resigning

UNF announced Rene Monteagudo, Director of the Counseling Center, is resigning to return home to accept a job at Florida Atlantic University. The following release is from UNF’s Student Affairs Announcement:

Rene Monteagudo, Director of the Counseling Center, will be leaving UNF as of July 5. Family issues are bringing him back home to the Miami area, and he has accepted a counseling position at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.

Rene joined the Counseling Center in July 2012, succeeding Terry Dinuzzo as director. A major accomplishment of his tenure was the establishment of the 24-hour Crisis Line this spring, which allows students to find counseling outside of the Center’s normal hours. However, Rene gives credit for all the department’s accomplishments to his staff, writing that “watching them work with our students has been a thrill for me and they deserve all the credit for what the Center accomplished this year.”

Rene will join FAU as Associate Director for Clinical Services in the Counseling Center. Student Affairs thanks Rene for his service; please join us in wishing him luck with his family and his new position.