Drunk student gets lost and hostile

Logo-policebeatOct. 30 – Underage Drinking (Osprey Cove)

A student became intoxicated and disoriented after she returned from an off campus party.

She and her boyfriend, who is not a student, went to a house party off campus. The boyfriend returned the student to her dorm room around 10:30 p.m., after she was drunk.

Shortly after dropping his girlfriend off, the boyfriend received a call from her roommate, who said she had left to get water. Her boyfriend was concerned that his girlfriend might have wandered off and gotten hurt or lost without keys to her vehicle or dorm. The boyfriend and roommate tried to contact the student and failed, according to UPD’s report.

The roommate contacted UPD, who responded and started searching for the student, who was considered possibly missing.

An officer made contact with two people who found the student. She fell and hurt her head, but was cleared of injuries or danger of alcohol poisoning by JFRD Engine 150 and Rescue 50.

The student explained that she had drunk a lot of liquor and was lost after leaving her room.  She also accidentally dropped her cell phone, destroying it.

UPD interviewed the boyfriend, and he was allowed to spend the night on campus with a friend. He was told not to contact his girlfriend for the rest of the night.

While an officer and a Resident Life Coordinator discussed the case, the roommate told them that the student was attempting to leave her dorm room again.  The officer entered the dorm room and observed the student getting an alcoholic beverage out of the refrigerator.

She complied with the officer’s request to take a seat, but became hostile, and yelled that she wanted to kill herself, and said that she could not live without her boyfriend. She also admitted to smoking marijuana, and confessed that she took pills, though she did not specify which type.

Apparently, the student’s boyfriend had contacted her shortly after the police left, and had escalated the situation. He was escorted from the campus due to his uncooperativeness.

JFRD Engine 150 and Rescue 50 arrived on scene and transported the female student to W.K. Memorial Hospital.

Email Joseph Cook at [email protected]