Heads up, hopeful harvesters

Anyone who experienced the drunken wonderment of dust and dead grass sticking to their entire rock ‘n’ roll-lovin’ bodies last March at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds knows that Harvest of Hope 2009 prevailed as a rompin’ good time. Among the dozens of musical artists rattling concert goers’ bones included: King Khan & the Shrines, Girl Talk, John Vanderslice, Inspectah Deck and Bouncing Souls.

Although the three-day festival aimed to benefit migrant farm workers with ticket sales, profits unfortunately fell short last go-around. As for this year? Well, the kids organizing this year’s shindig plan to do it up again March 12 – March 14 at the same location.

At press time, confirmed artists for 2010’s rendition include: Rogue Wave, Man Man, Kool Keith, Billy Bragg, Dead Prez, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Bear in Heaven, Anti-Flag, James Husband (an Of Montreal side-project), Fruit Bats, Kimya Dawson, the Mountain Goats and Danielson.

And the rumored editions? And I do emphasize that these are unconfirmed performers: Delta Spirit, Dr. Dog, Pinback, Joan of Arc, Seawolf and the queen herself, M.I.A.

The official line-up goes up on http://www.harvestofhope.com Thursday, Jan. 14 along with three-day passes at a temporary $29.50. Act fast if this sounds like your gig, prices jump up in only a short time.