UNF has yet another limelight moment

UNF was named one of the most affordable colleges in the nation. Photo courtesy of UNF Digital Commons

The University of North Florida has, once again, been voted one of the most affordable colleges in the nation. AffordableColleges.com has recently released a list showing UNF to be in the top ten public colleges for in-state students in the United States.

The average in-state tuition rate in the U.S. for the 2015-2016 term is $9,410, whereas the average for UNF students takes a steep drop to only $4,281.

While the poll wasn’t centered around out-of-state students, UNF’s cost was $3,000 lower than the national average of $23,890. These statistics have been factored with average financial aid per capita, which is important at UNF, as approximately 93 percent of all UNF students use some form of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, subsidized and un-subsidized loans.

Although UNF did not make the number one spot, which went to the University of Florida, it does have better ratings in several categories. UNF has a lower student-to-staff ratio, tuition rate, higher admissions rate, enrollment and admissions rate, and lower net cost of attendance (per semester). Out of the top ten nationally most affordable colleges for in-state tuition, Florida schools appear four times (UF, UNF, USF, and NCF), overwhelmingly more than any other represented state.

All of these rankings were based upon multiple, strategic criterion, including the ratio of students to staff, graduation percentages, quantity of students receiving financial aid, and overall tuition cost.