Where to “swoop” in for a bite

Einstein Bros. Bagels was the second most popular dining option following Chipotle Mexican Grill according to an Osprey Voice survey. Photo by Michael Herrera

Doriel Gale-Corley

Photo by Alex Wilson

With classes in full swing, those study breaks can work up an appetite. Hungry and confused on where to get a quick snack or a filling meal? UNF has 16 restaurants for students to pick up a bite to eat on campus.

Chick-fil-A, located in Alumni Square, is one of the most popular spots on campus. It’s known for their delicious chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. You can often see the long line of students stretching through the whole place and out the door.

If you don’t want to wait in line at Chick-Fil-A, Chop’d & Wrap’d and Outtakes are also located in the Alumni square. Chop’d & Wrap’d offers sushi, fresh salads and wraps.

Students in a hurry can pick up pre-packaged food like sandwiches and salads at Outtakes, which has locations at Alumni Square and the Student Union. There are a variety of food vendors at the Student Union including Papa John’s, Einstein Bros Bagels, Chick-N-Grilll, and The Boathouse.

The Boathouse is located on the second floor of the Student Union.

Stop by the Boathouse for a sit-down meal or a drink at the bar. Their large menu includes tasty burgers, chicken tenders, and much more. There are also a handful of specials to save money on food and drinks. There are specialty days when students can get a discount for wearing Osprey colors or Greek letters, and daily happy hour deals for beer and milkshakes. Check out the details here.

For a late night snack, try Starbucks, which is open until 1 a.m., Monday through Thursday. If you’re near the residence halls, Pita Pit and Ozzie’s stay open until 3 a.m. every day.

If you’re near the gym, stop by Jamba Juice for fresh smoothies with Greek yogurt or peanut butter, and an array of fruity, healthy options.

Whether you’re dining on campus or “swooping” by for a quick bite to eat, the Osprey Café, located in the Osprey Commons, has a variety of tasty food on the menu. You can use a meal plan or pay per meal at the buffet style restaurant, so you can choose whatever you want to eat. Fresh salads, veggies, pizza, burgers, or a cup of soup are just a few items served at the Osprey Café.

No matter what type of food you’re in the mood for, UNF has options to suit every diet. UNF has a variety of vegan and vegetarian meals on campus and plenty of healthy snacks.

The hours vary depending on the restaurant. Find a full list of restaurants and locations here, and hours of operation here.

__