UNF ranks as one of the best colleges for its online programs

Hannah Lee, News Editor

U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Online Programs listed UNF as one of the “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” and “Best Online Education Programs.”

“It’s very rewarding to have U.S. News & World Report rank our bachelor’s and our graduate education online programs among the best in the nation,” said UNF President John Delaney. “Faculty in our online programs are committed to this form of program delivery, and have developed course materials and teaching methods that are second to none.”

The list reviews almost 1,500 distance-learning programs, and ranks schools on four categories: student engagement, faculty credentials and training, student services and technology, and peer reputation.

UNF ranked as one of the top 40 universities with the “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.” In a four-way tie, the University of North Florida along with City University of Seattle and Creighton University, and the University of Georgia ranked No. 31.

For one of the “Best Online Education Programs” for graduate degrees, UNF also tied with 10 other universities at No. 115.

“UNF continues to support the development of high-quality online courses and programs to meet student demand,” said Dr. Deb Miller, UNF senior director for Academic Technology and Innovation. “Our focus is on online courses that promote high levels of student interaction and developing programs that expand access to the University’s excellent offerings.”

__