Eco-Adventure hosting ski/snowboarding trip

Tristan Reyes

The Recreation and Wellness Center’s Eco-Adventure is hosting a four-day trip to North Carolina’s Sugar Mountain from Feb. 22-25.

They will take 20 students to ski and snowboard over 125 acres of snow on 21 different slopes. Students will be staying in a nearby lodge which offers eight bedrooms and five bathrooms. Non-students may attend if there’s space near the end of the sign-up period.

The trip requires a $450 fee to attend to cover transportation, lodging, breakfast and dinners, lift tickets for two full days, and the ski and snowboard rental fees. Attendees are also required to bring gear stated on pre-trip information. If students don’t know how to ski, the Eco-Adventure Staff will gladly teach them during their stay.

Sarah Heuler, a student employee at Eco-Adventure, said the trip will be well worth it.

“Do it. You’re not going to find a trip like this for this price if you do it on your own. It’s also really fun to meet people,” said Heuler.

15 spots are still open, so students can stop by Eco-Adventure located behind the Parking Services Building, 12 p.m. -5 p.m. Monday-Saturday to sign up.

Image result for goofy skiing gif