UNF to open satellite campus downtown in Jan 2019

Hannah Lee

UNF is planning on spreading its wings by expanding into downtown Jacksonville. The new satellite campus, which is scheduled to open by the next spring semester, is currently being built in order to serve the Coggin College of Business. It will be known as the UNF Center for Entrepreneurship (UNF-CE). 

The UNF-CE will be a living-learning lab for students in majoring in business, engineering, health, education, arts and sciences to put forth entrepreneurial ideas in front of a panel of experts from UNF and Jacksonville.

Floor plans for upcoming UNF satellite campus downtown. Photo courtesy of UNF Center for Entrepreneurship

According to the floor plans, there will be four classrooms, a student lounge, a group work space and open work spaces. UNF-CE will be located on the fourth and fifth floor of the Barnett National Bank Building on 112 West Adams Street.

Construction started in October, and the project is projected to cost $1.4 million. A recent loan of $380,000 was granted by the Downtown Investment Authority to help relieve the costs.

Jacksonville University is also opening their own satellite campus downtown, but it will not be in the same building as UNF-CE. Florida State College at Jacksonville will also be constructing student housing downtown as well.