UNF hosts vigil for student who passed away

Hannah Lee

*Correction: A previous version of this article said Raulerson was 21 years old. Raulerson has since been confirmed to be 20 years old

***UPDATE 5/11 12:17 p.m. Hayden Raulerson has been confirmed as a student of UNF and a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity on campus.

Four Jacksonville young adults were killed in a horrific car accident on Saturday, June 9. One of those young adults was Hayden Raulerson, 20. Raulerson, according to his Facebook page, was a UNF student.

Hayden Raulerson

There will be a vigil on Monday, June 18 at 8 p.m at the Student Union. There is also a fundraiser being hosted by Seth Pearson to help the Raulerson family. Students can access the fundraiser here. As of the time of publishing, $435 have been raised.

According to friends of Raulerson, he was a member of UNF’s fraternity Alpha Tau Omega.

The other young adults that have passed away are Cameron Bell, 18, Isabella Garcia, 19, and Alysia Littlejohn, 20. A fifth person is currently in the hospital and is in critical condition. According to the Florida Highway Patrol report, it is unclear who was driving and no one in the car was wearing seatbelts.

Spinnaker will update as more information becomes available.