UNF dean resigns after reportedly engaging in a “consensual sex act” on campus

Sam Chaney, Managing Editor

Mark Tumeo, the dean of the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction, resigned, according to a Special Edition Osprey Update email sent out on Wednesday.

According to the update, Tumeo’s resignation follows what was reported as a “consensual sex act” that took place on campus.

Mark Tumeo. Photo courtesy of UNF.

“[The act] was unbecoming of a University official and doesn’t comply with the standards expected of members of our University community,” the update said. “It’s important to note that the conduct didn’t directly involve students or other University employees.”

The resignation is effective immediately, the email said.

Interim Provost Pam Chally has appointed Associate Dean William “Chip” Klostermeyer to resume Tumeo’s responsibilities in the interim, according to the update. The University will be conducting a search for a new dean soon.

“Mark Tumeo, dean of the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction, has resigned effective immediately,” according to a Special Edition Osprey Update.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “UNF dean resigns after reportedly engaging in a “consensual sex act” on campus”

1. Trent Barry on October 3rd, 2018 1:27 pm

If conduct didn’t directly involve students or other University employees.” Who did he have the consensual sex act with and what where they doing on Campus? His hand? One on the Gard Dogs that run off the Geese? I know There will NEVER BE A ANswer to my question. Same as the Old U.N.F. as when I took the first class they ever offed there..Trent Barry

2. Jimmy Buffet on October 4th, 2018 6:29 pm

Karma at it’s finest, I have an acquaintance that worked with this excuse of a man and he was so rude to him even cussed him out while working to help the dean. This man will obviously find a new job and resume his acts of sodomy in new realms. He was payed a quarter of a million a year to do this and who knows how many times he had done this before not just on University property but on University time which the students are paying quite a bit for.

• UNF dean resigns after reportedly engaging in a “consensual sex act” on campus

LGBT Resource Center granted $30,000

Hurricane Michael aftermath may cause record highs in northeast Florida

JU closes due to Hurricane Michael

FSCJ closes campus in response to Hurricane Michael

UNF alumna returning to campus for book signing

“Take Back the Night” postponed due to Hurricane Michael

Tornado watches are expected in Jacksonville today due to Hurricane Michael

Riding apps offering free/discounted rides to polls for Election Day

Hurricane Michael continues to strengthen to an “extremely dangerous” Category 4 hurricane

Hurricane Michael upgrades to a major Category 3 hurricane