Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

Sarah Bethea

UNF’s College of Nursing has partnered with Dining Services for their 3rd Annual Sock Drive, a campaign to collect new socks for donation to community agencies that help the homeless population in Jacksonville.

Old, damaged socks can be uncomfortable and can lead to bacterial and/or fungal infections and blisters. For those who don’t have any socks can suffer from frostbite during the colder months.

Socks are often the number one requested clothing item. Simple cotton socks can prevent a multitude of problems and are inexpensive to provide. New socks of all sizes and colors are needed for men, women and children. The drive runs through early December.

On-campus drop off locations include: Student Union, Bldg 58W, in front of Einstein Bros Bagels, Osprey Clubhouse, Bldg. 17, by the register at Pita Pit and Osprey Commons, Bldg. 16, Osprey Cafe by the exit.

If you share the Sock Drive post on the Dining Services Instagram, you can be entered in a contest to win a Rethreaded gift box.

1 Comment

One Response to “Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community”

1. Deirdre Shoemake on November 23rd, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you for bringing awareness and support this cause. For those who donate, thank you for contributing a small token to a large need.

• Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

UNF competition pool complex slowly becoming a reality

UNF hosts panel discussion: climate change, locally and globally

AIDS memorial quilt on display at UNF

Sculptures provided by three UNF students scheduled for installation in Hemming Park

How to have a Friendsgiving on a budget

Toys for Tots campaign brings Christmas cheer to local children

Two birds, one stone: gobble gobble

The season for fun and family

A “Meso” Success: UNF assistant professor creates the first room-temperature metallic

The perfect fall escape: The Jacksonville Fair is only here for a few more days