Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

Sarah Bethea

UNF’s College of Nursing has partnered with Dining Services for their 3rd Annual Sock Drive, a campaign to collect new socks for donation to community agencies that help the homeless population in Jacksonville.

Old, damaged socks can be uncomfortable and can lead to bacterial and/or fungal infections and blisters. For those who don’t have any socks can suffer from frostbite during the colder months.

Socks are often the number one requested clothing item. Simple cotton socks can prevent a multitude of problems and are inexpensive to provide. New socks of all sizes and colors are needed for men, women and children. The drive runs through early December.

On-campus drop off locations include: Student Union, Bldg 58W, in front of Einstein Bros Bagels, Osprey Clubhouse, Bldg. 17, by the register at Pita Pit and Osprey Commons, Bldg. 16, Osprey Cafe by the exit.

If you share the Sock Drive post on the Dining Services Instagram, you can be entered in a contest to win a Rethreaded gift box.

1 Comment

One Response to “Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community”

1. Deirdre Shoemake on November 23rd, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you for bringing awareness and support this cause. For those who donate, thank you for contributing a small token to a large need.

• Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

UNF hosts global health expert Rajiv Shah

UNF recognizes loyal faculty with breakfast

Parkland shooting anniversary: How students are using their voice to move forward

Black History Month starts with a bang with the Black Student Union

Why are preachers on the Green allowed? Campus religious leaders give their take

Barnes Bathroom Initiative pushes for free feminine products in bathrooms

What it’s like to be a college veteran

Cheryl Gonzalez bids goodbye to UNF community

UNF earns a place among the elites with Carnegie Classification

Blaze Pizza to offer $5 pizzas to students