Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

Sarah Bethea

UNF’s College of Nursing has partnered with Dining Services for their 3rd Annual Sock Drive, a campaign to collect new socks for donation to community agencies that help the homeless population in Jacksonville.

Old, damaged socks can be uncomfortable and can lead to bacterial and/or fungal infections and blisters. For those who don’t have any socks can suffer from frostbite during the colder months.

Socks are often the number one requested clothing item. Simple cotton socks can prevent a multitude of problems and are inexpensive to provide. New socks of all sizes and colors are needed for men, women and children. The drive runs through early December.

On-campus drop off locations include: Student Union, Bldg 58W, in front of Einstein Bros Bagels, Osprey Clubhouse, Bldg. 17, by the register at Pita Pit and Osprey Commons, Bldg. 16, Osprey Cafe by the exit.

If you share the Sock Drive post on the Dining Services Instagram, you can be entered in a contest to win a Rethreaded gift box.

1 Comment

One Response to “Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community”

1. Deirdre Shoemake on November 23rd, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you for bringing awareness and support this cause. For those who donate, thank you for contributing a small token to a large need.

• Keeping toes warm: College of Nursing and Dining Services collect socks for Jacksonville’s homeless community

How one UNF teacher is making an impact

Dillard’s breaks a guinness world record

Business

Walmart raises minimum smoking age to 21

A slice of the Big Apple is coming to Duval

Being a healthy osprey with UNF dietians

Students decompress and relax at PAWS Your Stress event

On The Horizon: UNF’s New Observatory

• Community

Free speech on campus

Learn how to maintain your car with the UNF Police Department

UNF Student Body President DuPilka’s last day