LGBT Resource Center celebrates Pride-U-Cation Week

Jay Mafela

Starting March 4, the LGBT Resource Center will host Pride-U-Cation Week. Formerly known as Sex Week, Pride-U-Cation is all about LGBTQ+ and allied students expressing pride in their identity through presentations and conversations going beyond the 101 levels. All events are free for UNF students.

Courtesy of UNF LGBT Resource Center

March 4

Lunch and Learn: Consent & Sexuality

12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3805

Students are invited to sit with the Office of Student Conduct, Campus Life, and the LGBT Resource Center to have a respectful discussion on consent and sexuality. Pizza will be provided for all in attendance.

gENDer

3 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3805

The LGBT Resource Center invites students to discuss the benefits and implications of ending gender in today’s society.

The Horrors of Homophobia on Screen

4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3805

English and film professor Nicholas de Villiers will discuss the history of the horror film genre and LGBTQ+ representation in film.

March 5

Let Me Change Your Mind: Safe Spaces

11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3805

Students will get the chance to discuss the concept of safe spaces with the director of the LGBT Resource Center, Kaitlin Legg.

Gamers and LGBT

3 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3805

The LGBT Resource Center invites students to discuss LGBTQ+ representation in video games and gaming culture.

Sex-Ed Things

6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

LGBT Resource Center

Students are invited to a Stranger Things-themed sex-ed event sponsored by CAN Community Health.

March 6

Pride-U-Cation @ Market Day

10 a.m – 2 p.m.

Osprey Plaza

The LGBT Resource Center will be at the Osprey Market talking about the center and answering questions.

Rapid HIV Testing

10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

LGBT Resource Center

The LGBT Resource Center will host HIV tests for students provided by CAN Community Health.

March 7

The Changing Landscape of Identity

12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3804

Activist, editor and educator Robyn Ochs will discuss how young LGBTQ+ people are using and experiencing sexual orientation and gender identity in 2019 and what challenges and opportunities they encounter.

Beyond Binaries

6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3806

Students are invited to a keynote program exploring the landscape of sexuality.

March 8

Rapid HIV Testing

9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3804

CSHERI Sexual Health Symposium

9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Student Union Building 58W Room 3703

The CSHERI Sexual Health Research Symposium is an annual showcase of research and scholarship related to sexual health and wellness from across campus and the local community.

Ebony Stewart: Spoken Word and Sweets

Student Union Building 58W Room 2704

Poet and Sexual Health activist Ebony Stewart comes to UNF for a night of poetry. Food will be provided.