Brooks School of Nursing ranked No. 16 among Best Nursing Programs in Florida

Kristina Smith

UNF’s Brooks School of Nursing ranked number 16 out of 154 schools for Best Registered Nursing Programs in Florida.

The rankings are measured by the pass rates of nursing graduates. According to the press release, UNF has a pass rate of 95 percent while the national rate is 92 percent. These rates are reportedly higher than UF and FSU.

UNF’s program placed higher overall than Jacksonville University, ranked No. 17, Florida State University at No. 19, University of South Florida at No. 25 and University of Florida at No. 33.

Li Loriz, the School of Nursing director, praises the program.

“At the UNF School of Nursing, we strive to provide the best education to our students in order to graduate excellent, intelligent and caring nurses,” said Loriz. “Our Nursing students have a thorough understanding of issues that affect their patients, both in and outside of the hospital, that will have an impact on their patient’s health.”

According to the release, the School of Nursing admits more than 700 students and graduates about 140 students with Prelicensure Nursing each academic year.